FCSC Debate Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FCSC Debate Forum
FCSC Debate Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are social networks safe?

+2
bish4757
delu5988
6 posters

Go down

Are social networks safe? Empty Are social networks safe?

Post  delu5988 Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:10 am

I dont think that social networks are safe because administrators and hackers can see everything in your accounts. Even if you make a profile on facebook or myspace private, people like that can find everything in your profile and read everything that you say.

delu5988

Back to top Go down

Post  bish4757 Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:32 am

I think yes and no because it is safe to talk to your friends on a social network. But it is not safe to talk to strangers on a social network 'cause they could be all different kinds of abusers.

bish4757

Back to top Go down

Are social networks safe? Empty Social Networks

Post  burn5528 Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:06 am

I think that social networks are ok if you know hhow to be safe in using them. If you post your phone number, you need to be responsible and recognize the dangers. Also, you never know who is seeing your Facebook/ MySpace/ Twitter posts. It could harm your credibility for future employers and teachers.

burn5528

Back to top Go down

Are social networks safe? Empty Re: Are social networks safe?

Post  Duzaman Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:29 pm

Im willing to bet that Google knows me about me then the government does. Does this make me afraid? Maybe a little, but I trust Google not use this information against me, since there a private company that wants to keep its customers. There are many predators out there, and its important to keep your info safe between you and your friends. My advice is to keep your door locked and don't be too open with strangers.
Duzaman
Duzaman

Back to top Go down

Are social networks safe? Empty It's safe if you're cautious.

Post  tristina Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:25 am

As long as you don't post anything you wouldn't want strangers, teachers, or your parents to read you should be okay. But if you're in a random chatroom, I wouldn't post anything true about yourself, even your age and the second you get some notice from your computer about it blocking a virus, get off the site.
tristina
tristina

Back to top Go down

Post  math8674 Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:10 am

Right now, I don't think those sites are very safe because information has a way of going viral when sent online, even if you do not reveal much personal information.
math8674
math8674

Back to top Go down

Post  delu5988 Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:57 pm

Information always has a way of getting to people that you dont want it to. You have to be careful about who you talk to and what you do. Computers have an IP adress that can be tracked down to your house and more importantly yourself. That is why some people dont even trust computers let alone social networking. You have to consider all the dangers and not just myspace and facebook. If you think about it, your best friend knows more about you than even your parents and if you made them mad they could post everything about you online and then everyone would know you, not just your friend. Shocked

delu5988

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum